Dr. Taraz Lee joins us to talk about cognitive control: that is, how we organize and execute actions throughout the day. In particular, although we often think about cognitive control as helping performance, this might not always be the case—for example, when choking under pressure. All of which provides insight into daily activities, complex motor activities found in sports and music, and opportunities for rehabilitation.
Support TBMP on Patreon for stickers, early access, and more!
- Cognition, Control, and Action Lab – Taraz Lee
- Taraz Lee (@TarazLee) / Twitter
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation - Wikipedia
- Dorsolateral prefrontal cortex - Wikipedia
- Primary motor cortex - Wikipedia
- Out of control: Diminished prefrontal activity coincides with impaired motor performance due to choking under pressure - ScienceDirect
- Phineas Gage - Wikipedia