Dr. Morgan Barense joins us to talk about the close relationship between perception and memory. In particular, the hippocampus — a brain structure most often associated with memory — is also involved in high-level vision. Also discussed: the formative impact of undergraduate research experience and mentors, different kinds of perception and memory, and an app for your phone (Hippocamera) that might help you remember things better.
Support TBMP on Patreon for stickers, early access, and more!
- Memory & Perception Lab – Morgan Barense
- Henry Molaison (H.M.) - Wikipedia
- Intact Memory for Irrelevant Information Impairs Perception in Amnesia - ScienceDirect
- HippoCamera on the App Store
- Morgan Barense (@morganbarense) / Twitter
- PsyArXiv Preprints | A smartphone intervention that enhances real-world memory and promotes differentiation of hippocampal activity in older adults